Monday, April 27, 2009
We have had a few customers coming in asking for Dulse as a staple to their Macrobiotic Diet. Yes it is the Ying-Yang for food to help us balance our nutrition.
What you need:
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup rinsed dulse
How to prepare:
1. Warm up a skillet. Rinse the seeds in a strainer under cold water quickly. Strain again.
2. Immediately dry roast in the skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until golden brown. Remove any brown or broken seeds.
3. When the seeds are toasted golden brown, partially grind in a coffee grinder or a suribachi.
4. Toast the dulse by putting it a toaster oven until crisp. Careful, it toasts very quickly. Remove when crispy and still red in color.
5. Crumble the dulse and mix with the seeds.