Preparation: 10 mins Cooking: 15 mins
Here is what you need:
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breast cubed
- 2 tbsp Patak's Jalfrezi Paste
- 1/2 large red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- sugar, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Place the coconut in a large frying pan over a medium heat, cook for 1 - 2 minutes, shaking the pan to keep the coconut moving until it turns a light toasted brown. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan, and add the spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Patak's Jalfrezi Paste. Sprinkle in a little water if the paste begins to stick.
- After 2 minutes add the tomatoes and peppers and a few tablespoons of water. Allow the tomatoes to break down.
- Add the chicken. Allow to cook for 5 minutes and check the chicken is cooked through. Check the seasoning and adjust the salt and sugar if required.
- Garnish with the red chilli and toasted coconut and sprinkle with the coriander.
- Serve with plain basmati rice.