Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Please pledge to the HIBAKUSHA project from Steve Nguyen's film which was "inspired to bring awareness to the Hiroshima & Nagasaki bombings in hopes that nothing like this will ever happen again and over time, show tremendous forgiveness after these terrible incidents occurred. This project will commemorate the 66th Anniversary of the bombings and is dedicated to the Association of Hiroshima & Nagasaki A-bomb Survivors."
As Southern Albertans, we have a close connection to the Japanese community. Let's do our part to showcase this moment in history.
Please pledge to the HIBAKUSHA project.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Preview of the 2011 Calender
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- KRINOS Organic Kalamata Olives 375 ml
- Kalamata Olives - Sliced - 500 ml jar
- KRINOS Organic Kalamata Pitted Olives 375 ml
- KRINOS Organic Olive Mix 375 ml
- KRINOS Greek Black Olives - Delphi - 500 ml jar DEC. DEAL
- KRINOS Kalamata Olives Deli 250 ml
- KRINOS Spicy Olive Meze 250 ml
- KRINOS Olive Cocktail Mix 250 ml
- KRINOS Olives Bleu(Stuffed w/Blue Cheese) 250 ml
- KRINOS Kalamata P.D.O. Ex. Virgin Olive Oil 3 L
- KALAMATA Gold Organic Ex/Virgin Olive Oil 500 ml
- KRINOS Traditional Feta Cheese 1 kg DEC. DEAL
- KRINOS Greek Feta Cheese 200 g
- KRINOS Sheep's Milk Feta Cheese 400 g
- KRINOS Grape Leaves 500 ml
- KRINOS Giardiniera 1 l
- KRINOS Organic Tahini 300 ml
- KRINOS Capers 100 ml
- KRINOS Roasted Sweet Red Peppers 500 ml
- KYKNOS Tomatoe Paste 369 ml
- KRINOS Tiropita 12 oz
- KRINOS Baklava 280 g
- KRINOS Vanilla Halvah 250 g
- KRINOS Chocolate Halvah 250 g
- KRINOS Almonds Halvah 250 g
- KRINOS Pistachio Halvah 250 g
- SARANTIS Fig Sweets 453 g
- KRINOS Cinnamon Candy 300 g
- KRINOS Ouzo Candy 300 g
- TWISTIES Hazelnut Wafers 400 g
- TWISTIES Vanilla Wafers 400 g
- TWISTIES Espresso Wafers 400 g
- KRINOS Tarama 250 g
- KRINOS Taramosalata 330 g
- PAPA JOHN Cous Cous 750 g
- PAPA JOHN Chick Peas 750 g
- BRAVO Coffee 454 g
- KRINOS Greek Oregano Bunches 56 g
- ATHENA Sea Salt 750 g
- KRINOS Souvlaki Seasoning Mix 28 g
- KRINOS Greek Salad Seasoning Mix 28 g
- KRINOS Chicken Soup Base (No MSG) 12 kg
- KRINOS String Figs 284 g
- Olivea Olive Oil Soap 125 g
- LOUVROS Meat Marinade 375 ml
- LOUVROS Greek Salad Dressing 375 ml
- LOUVROS Barbeque Sauce 375 ml
Friday, December 10, 2010
We had a customer come in and he wanted 3 cans of matcha and I was curious what he was using it for ... because he didn't look like the "typical" type for a green tea ceremony or making mochi cakes that most Japanese make around this time of the year. So a brief dialogue between myself and the customer, we'll call him Mike:
We carry Matcha in either sealed aluminum cans or re-sealable pouches
Mike: Hi could I have 3 matcha please?
Mike: Yes, correct!
Me: Oh wow, a lot of baking for Xmas?
Mike: Me? No...
Me: Ok, then what are you using it for? Green tea?
Mike: Kinda, well I use it in my protein shake. It works well and gives me a boost of energy rather than a shot of ...
Me: Oh how interesting! It must be really healthy!
Mike: Yeah for sure, I use soya milk instead of milk milk!
Me: I definitely have to blog this ;)
Mike: Cool! Cheers!
Mike also shared with us his own protein shake recipe. Here is what you need:
1/4 tsp matcha powder
1 1/2 cup soya milk
1-2 scoops of whey protein (vanilla or natural)
Add all ingredients into blender (we like to use our bullet)! And voila instant morning shake!