Friday, December 10, 2010

Matcha (Green Tea) Protein Shake

We had a customer come in and he wanted 3 cans of matcha and I was curious what he was using it for ... because he didn't look like the "typical" type for a green tea ceremony or making mochi cakes that most Japanese make around this time of the year. So a brief dialogue between myself and the customer, we'll call him Mike:


We carry Matcha in either sealed aluminum cans or re-sealable pouches


Mike: Hi could I have 3 matcha please?

Me: 3?

Mike: Yes, correct!

Me: Oh wow, a lot of baking for Xmas?

Mike: Me? No...

Me: Ok, then what are you using it for? Green tea?

Mike: Kinda, well I use it in my protein shake. It works well and gives me a boost of energy rather than a shot of ...

Me: Oh how interesting! It must be really healthy!

Mike: Yeah for sure, I use soya milk instead of milk milk!

Me: I definitely have to blog this ;)

Mike: Cool! Cheers!


---------------------------


Mike also shared with us his own protein shake recipe. Here is what you need:

1/4 tsp matcha powder

1 1/2 cup soya milk

1 banana

1-2 scoops of whey protein (vanilla or natural)

ice


Add all ingredients into blender (we like to use our bullet)! And voila instant morning shake!


Cheers


No comments: