Tuna Tartar but a little kick using sesame chili oil ;)
1 package frozen Fat Belly Maguro (tuna)
3 tbsp olive oil
3 stalks green onions
LaYu sesame chilli oil
masago (japanese caviar)
4 ripe avocado
half a lime
round or square mould
1. Let the maguro thaw for 20 mins, the trick is to have it still frozen in order to cut the tuna into 1/2 inch slices. After slicing it, chop it up into mini cubes.
2. Add 3 tbsp olive oil, so the tuna doesn't oxidate and turn brown or grey... Add a pinch of salt. Add sirachi sauce -- depending how spicy you want it to be ;)
3. Scoop out the avocado and diced it into mini cubes.
4. Squeeze the lime juice directly onto the diced avocado and mix slightly.
5. Fold in finely chopped green onions.
Use the plate you want to set your tuna tartar on. Use a mould like this one