Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream






These little delicious pockets of green tea (matcha) mochi ice cream are just little surprises to your tongue! The first time I ever had them was just a coincidence. We have always been stocking them in our freezer section, but just the other day, I had a craving for green tea; but not the hot liquid, something else, something different. So as I was strolling along the various aisles, I came across a package that said green tea mochi ice cream... it sparked my interest and I opened the package, then slowly the silver package and inside were little individual plastic with these little gems inside.

I took a bite into it and and it was AMAZING! I had about 5 within the 30 minutes of discovering these lovely pockets of green tea! It is basically rice flour as the outside part filled with green tea ice cream. It is gluten free..no wheat! Yay!!!

You should try it yourself! Take a stroll along our aisle at the Asian Supermarket World Foods and Imports. You never know what you will discover. Just like myself, after 30 years.... I just had my first ever green tea mochi ice cream.  These are staples in Japan and imagine they are individual pieces...exact amounts of happiness ;)

Like us on Facebook!

Trish
your local foodie!

No comments: